Friday, December 25, 2009

The power of the pen....

Assalammualaikum wbt

It's been so long since I opened this blog..... arghhhhhhhhhhh~

It's not that I do not have anything to write...

I'm just..


Just...


To lazy~

But now I'm inspired again~

Yaeghhhhh~!!

Inspired by the power of the pen... or ink...

I really enjoy reading seinen manga... seinen is a genre for older matured reader which has really deep and complex storyline and philosophical message... Some of the best seinen manga I've read;

Parasyte

When parasites possesed human creating a new breed of species. Explore into the role of human in this universe especially in terms of nature. Have great action plus interesting storyline

Shikeisyu 042

About Prisoner number 042 who undergo a trial program for inmates. He is released into the society works as a janitor in a school. He has a chip implanted that will kill him if he ever lose his temper. This story is very moving about the value of life in the perspective of a prisoner.

Bokurano

The most depressing manga I've read so far. The main theme is about death, death and death.... but certainly has a deep message about the value of life, family and sacrifice.

Akumetsu

The most bloodiest and gore manga. About people killing corrupted politicians. Have great action. Out of all the completed manga series I've read... this manga has the best ending ever, the ending is so cool and intense!!


So I decided to find some new seinen manga to read... clicked the genre seinen on onemanga to filter the search... one of the top one is... a manga that I would never have guessed...


Affected me so deeply...


Awaken or should I say inspired something that has been sleeping inside me...


It start with a number...



By Naoki Urasawa

20th Century Boys


The 20th Century Boys

I noticed this title a long time ago but never bother to read it... bcoz it seemed childish... but I noticed its seinen... so I gave it a try... The first few chapters was like... "WHAT??" what is this manga about? It's like.... weird.... But still I kept on reading.. knowing that a lot of great manga like One Piece, Bokurano and Parasyte require quite some time to get used to but once you get the feel of the manga... it suddenly became great...

It's really hard to describe the feeling of reading 20th century boys... What I can say is... I can't let go of the laptop once I started reading... Naoki Urasawa's style of manga just pulls you deeper and deeper into his world...

When I finishedd 20th Century Boys, I wasted no time and move on to its sequel.. 21st Century Boys...

Eiichiro Oda (the author of One Piece) is certainly my #1 shounen (boys, young adult) mangaka (manga artist)...


Oda-sensei (One Piece)

and now Naoki Urasawa perhaps is my #1 seinen mangaka!!! Brilliant talent in a different genre~ He's really2 good and produce epic masterpieces. He won many awards through three of his manga; 20th century boys, Pluto and Monster.


Urasawa-sensei (20th Century Boys, Pluto, Monster, Happy!)

Just recently I finished reading Pluto, a manga about robots based on Osamu Tezuka's The World Strongest Robot Tetsuwan Atom... a.k.a ASTRO BOY! And it was great as well~!! There's also a lighter story about Tennis entitled Happy!, it's also superb!! Urasawa-sensei is a genius


Naoki Urasawa's Pluto


Pluto based on Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy

I mentioned earlier that something awoken in me when I read 20th Century Boys...


And that is the desire to draw~


The dream of being able to move this world using my ability!!


Bcoz in 20th century boys, the protagonist Endo Kenji... with his simple song managed to inspire the world in times of peril, and there are also manga artists character in the story who works hard to produce manga that can change the world~ The scale of the dreams and conviction in the manga is on a very epic scale but it is told beautifully by Urasawa-sensei that it became so inspiring!!


Endo Kenji


Urasawa-sensei... thank you for a great masterpiece!! 20th Century Boys!!




Oh, and one of the characters... Endo Kanna... is probably the first female manga character that I fell in love with... she's just great.. a strong beautiful girl with such a lovable personality... if she was a real person, I'd go and marry her right away.. :) But beware... she has ESP.. huhu


Endo Kanna - my#1 female manga character :)


One day.... I'll draw a manga that can change the world!!!


"Friend" the main villian in 20th Century Boys


With this new conviction I started to draw again...











But I'm just too lazy..... down....


Oda-sensei and Urasawa-sensei... they're both great... they are my inspiration in the field of art~ I wish I had the artistic ability and creativity like them~ their hand using the pen... certainly has the power to move the world... to move millions of people~ just by making a comic strip called manga~



After reading the work by these two, it made hollywood stories seemed childish.. huhu, if you love a great story... grab a hold of their artwork (One Piece & 20th Century Boys)

1 comment:

  1. salam, haha interesting blog ^^ i my self like some of your manga u post :) if u don't mind i would like u to add me trough fb cuz i need some good suggestion for mangas :) and i know tons of good manga u should read haha btw parasite is awesome manga, here my email hamizanddubai@yahoo.com add me trough fb

    ReplyDelete