Yeah yeah a lotta people been commenting or should I say menganjing kitorang bcoz we got lost at sydney... haha
So here's the much awaited full report on what happened!!
- 5.00pm: The highly spirited Riman and Fazrul got on the bus to Eastgarden Shopping Complex (it's called Westside I think.. ) to buy ingredients to cook.
- 5.20pm: Arrived there... bought a lot of stuff like crazy~ very heavy to carry
- 6.30pm: Left Eastgarden... met a malaysian girl from petronas doing postgrad named Amy... saw the Bus 400 (Which is the bus that pass through UNSW like a lot of times!!) and we got on the bus (togather with Amy).
- 7.00pm: The bus choose a strange route... we arrived at the airport... takpe yakin yakin... because bus 400 always pass by the University.
- 8.00pm: The bus arrived like a very small town far from the city... okay... this is getting strange... like.. where are we?? We asked the bus driver... is this bus going back to Kensington or Anzac Parade? No, mate!! ... damn... we're like already very far from the city... the bus dropped us off and told us to wait for another bus at the opposite road... We're now like completely alone at like this small town at the city's outskirt (with a sort of country music playing with a wind blowing...) called Burkwood... it's near Liverpool i guess
- 8.05pm: Arrived at the bus stop... luckily I just bought the UNSW sweater that morning, cos it's like very Very the VERY COLD!!! I feel like a homeless person u know?? A homeless person on the street warming up near a fire by some backstreet... now I know how they felt... :(
- So... can u feel the homelessness in the pic's... at a very windy night.. cold... no fire... no one around... except Fazrul and Amy... sigh... I'll never look down on homeless people again...
- 8.15pm: A BUS!!!! ............................................................ out of service????? What??????
- 8.30pm: We decided to just take a cab home since it looks like no bus is coming... the fare costs $40... we share it with the three of us... luckily that uncle was very nice and do not overcharge us.. but seriously the fare metre on the taxi goes up very fast, taxi is Sydney is very expansive...
- 10.00pm: Arrived at CAPELLA... Alhamdulillah.... so that's our journey for today, from a simple shopping trip to this... money = gone!!
But now I'm gonna write about a very nice experience!!! with some dissapointment...
Today is Friday so we muslims have solat jumaah'.. I've been waiting for this day to see the faces of muslim in UNSW and hear the sermon here... I'm all pumped up~!! We pray at the "surau" in UNSW...
I arrived quite late, the sermon has already started... it's in English by Mahmoud Jamee'... the way he gives it is very different than in Malaysia, he just stand in front of the people, not holding any "tongkat" and just talk and interacting with the brothers without any script, it's very nice and not sleepy (unlike in Malaysia... it's very sleepy... because the Khatib read from scripts), the dua' after khutbah was very short and simple... all in all, I like the Khutbah here~ Alhamdulillah
Then, we have like this awesome meeting where all the muslim brothers just hang around outside the surau talking to each other.. its very nice... Hopefully soon I can get to know other international muslim brother~
but... sadly... we get this article its like saying there's a dispute within the ISOC (Islamic Society on Campus)... I'm seriously dissapointed reading that... hopefully soon the problem will be solved and all the muslim community can unite and get along togather... Insha'Allah...
Then I get to know my first international muslim brother in UNSW, brother Yusuf from Burma.. :).. He seems like a very good brother concerned about the well-being of muslims in UNSW... good good!!
I also get a very long-awaited invitation since I arrived at Sydney ... which is..
MARI MAIN BOLA PETANG NI or LET's PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!
The field is not that far from my house, it's just a 5 minute full-speed jogging there... it's called Kensington Park... a very nice one!! A lot of dogs!! haha...
First there's like only 5 other Malaysian there... then more arrived.. and more... and finally there's 26 Malaysian there... waaa..... I felt like crying man... it's barely even a week at Sydney but I really miss this feeling of playing football togather with Malaysian~ it's very nostalgic, very calm, very nice... u feel like home~ the ukhuwah between the Malaysian there is THUMBS UP!!! wait.. TWO THUMBS UP!! (Wish I had more thumbs)
There's like this portable goal that we set up there and we playetd for about 90 minutes... this is by far the best experience yet in Sydney... it's sports man!! This is what man is supposed to do!!
Plus, my team won by merely 1-0.. but we still one.. and I assisted in the goal by doing "dummy" in front of the opponent goal ( padahal tak jadi wat skill, cover cover... tapi orang byk cakap lawa dummy... haha.. layan jek )
And finally tonight... a very sad news!!!
THERE'S NO ONE PIECE THIS WEEK???????????????????????????????
My first week in Sydney and it started without ONE PIECE??????????
There's like 250++ medical students in UNSW... and so far I only saw six muslims ... 4 from Malaysia and there's this 2 girl wearing hijjab there, probably arab or local australian... takdak gadis melayu medic... ain ar nie takmo join~ cis cis~
Oh yeah, I got Prince of Wales Hosp for my placement which is the best!! cos' it's very close.. Fazrul got St. George which is very far... haha~
That's all... hope u enjoyed menganjing us... but beware... it might be u next time lost in Sydney..