Friday, May 1, 2009

Foundation at UNSW is over: A summary!!

Assalammualaikum,

It's been a while since I've updated the blog...

Just finished the first teaching period of medicine in UNSW, so this week I'm very free after the exam on Monday!!

So.. a summary of foundations...

Q (Questions) : How was the lectures?
R (Riman) : Not bad.. some was very nice and interesting, learned a lot about vaccination and stomach pain

Q: Whats the percentage of u falling asleep in lecture?
R: About 70% of all the lectures.

Q; What about your Scenario Group?
R: My Scenario group was awesome, my colleagues and my facilitators are awesome!!

Q: How do u fare during foundations?
R: Alright, so there's 3 assessment alltogather during foundations...

1st : INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT

I need to choose between a list of medical heroes and I picked Thomas P. Dunhill, a thyroid surgeon and did a report on him.... My attitude of doing it? Last minutes strive and languange-wise, very dramatic... haha...

Result: P (There's 4 grade, F (Fail), P- , P and P+ )
Comment: It was unexpectedly ok since I didn't really spend much time on it... haha

2nd: GROUP PROJECT

So my group members are Patrick, Josh, Natasha, Jess and Me! Great group members!! We did an integrated health model on Breast Cancer.

Result: P+ !!! a P+, the highest mark!!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo!!
Comment: It's the highest mark!!! I never thought we could get that.. but we actually did!! Yeah!!

3rd: EXAMINATIONS

And in the end of each course there's exam... my first exam in UNSW... preparation: close to none!! haha.. only studied the night before and the morning of the exam... haha... went in completely unprepared...

Results: 69%
Comment: Is it good, is it bad? At least it's a pass... well, of course Alhamdulillah for that, but the highest mark in my group is Matt who scored 90%, wow! haha...

Q: Is the exam hard?
R: Hard? Nah.... not as hard as I expected... I certainly can score higher if I just studied more... huhu...

Q: Any final word on foundations?
R: A great preparation for me... learnt a lot... and a valuable experience indeed, really grateful for the marks... If it was this way for the whole medicine course, I can graduate happily.. :)

But of course it will get harder~

Thanks to all my friends and teachers who helped me through foundations!!

Assalammualaikum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment