Monday, September 20, 2010

Goodby me Facebook~

Salam,

Throughout my one-week holiday last week... I got this feeling...

Especially after watching Motorcycle Diaries and 5cm per second...

How life is wasted on Facebook~

How is those movies and facebook related?? It's a long story...

Anyway...
To quit facebook... its hard yeah~
How do I keep in touch with my friend?
How do I know what event will be there?
How do I share / see my/others pictures?
etc etc..

Suddenly all this came to me when I was thinking of quitting...

But then I remember (at least) three of my friend who do not have facebook... they are living happily without any concern at all, and they still maintain good relationship with their friends~

It's frightening...

How our life is controlled by facebook... to the point that...
- we cannot quit
- when we open any computer , be it our laptop or library... we must open facebook first
- it is actually wasting our precious time!!!!


Some might argue: "I'm not wasting time, I'm keeping touch with my friends"
For me, its actually more like meddling in his business (which he posted on his wall)
Or complimenting other status by putting "like"...

What's the point???

WHat's all the damn point of putting "like" ???

Initially, when facebook dont have the "like" option... people dont even care about that... but now suddenly when they introduce that, it became a "like" pressing spree...


That's why its scary... what else will they introduce that will make us into their puppet next~??


Yes, we are becoming the facebook puppet !!! That's exactly what I'm feeling..


And there are people who use facebook for da'wah...

Personally, facebook da'wah has never been affective for me~ it's just so superficial~ but maybe it's working for others.. i dont know...

but from my observation... it only works for those who are already "good" and "already in da'wah field"... people who are enlightened DIRECTLY through facebook... havent seen it yet.. only those who are enlightened outside of facebook (ie. face to face) then decided to use facebook for something good... that I see...

Well, this is just my own opinion... not backed by any evidence nor literature~


Anyway for all the good thing is facebook... there's always that bad stuff that will always be there...

You know what it's similiar too...??

Hollywood movies~!!

For example... lets take this one movie entitled "If only" (google for more info)

Its a romance movie... usually good (ie. alim) people will not see that movie... because it has scenes that is not appropriate, frankly speaking... mild sex scene.. like most hollywood movies...

But hey, there's a lot of positive message in the movie... like caring for your loved once, appreciating them while you still have the chance.. I actually almost cried watching it.. it really made me realize that I should appreciate my loved ones while I still have the time...

That's definitely a positive message... but that movie is still not appropriate to be watched, right??

Hence, I feel facebook is the same... yeah, there's a lot of good stuff can be done, but on the other hand I personally believe the bad stuff (especially time wastage) heavily outweigh the good stuff...

So, yeah again this is just my opinion...


Anyway, my mind is set...

"A real man will never change his mind once his target is set"


Hence, me facebook account will be closed when October came (InsyaAllah)
September is my window period if anyone really want to keep in touch, they can get my email address of whatever through facebook...



I miss the times when internet is not available 24/7...

There were so much time to do other stuff~

Now we are just a bug caught in the web...

A puppet controlled by the string...

I want to become the crow again~

Living freely and surviving in the world~

Soaring high in the sky~


Yup, in addition to the return of One Piece , with adventures to the "new world" next week, it will also be the week my facebook will be closed...

So I'm like starting a new adventure to the "new world", a world without facebook~

One Piece will be back... aren't you excited!!????

*a little bit off topic...

1 comment: