Thursday, January 22, 2009

What is your Deepest Fear??

Salam, just want to share this poem I once heard during form 4... which automatically left a mark in my heart... feel the meaning...

OUR DEEPEST FEAR
by Marianne Williamson
can be found on the film Coach Carter

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves,
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.






The first time I heard this was when I was enjoying alone the DVD Coach Carter that I bought a Megamall at my house in Kuantan in form 4 during holidays (see... I remember this event clearly coz it's very meaningful!!)

Maybe some of you reading it find nothing special about this poem... but for me it really relates to me and the people around especially during schools days. The FEAR stated in this poem, the problem stated in this poem, I understand man!! It's all around me and even within me during my school days... at college I guess it's less.

Everytime I read this poem, I wanted to sent this msg to all those people in my life... wonder how they are now... those great people.. really great, much better then me, but...

Anyway for those who haven't watch Coach Carter, watch it!! It will be very meaningful espacially for those who can see themselves in the film, seriously when I watch this film.. I will be like... I feel you man!! I feel you!! There's me and my friend in that movie!!

*I almost cried (almost?) watching this movie in the scene when the brother died... damn!!

Hope some of you who never read this... who can understand the meaning behind it, can gain some sort of inspiration from it... I sure did!!

So... what's my dream that can be connected to this??

My 4th dream:
"To be someone who can made others shine!! Just like Coach Carter!!"

Possibilities: Certainly possible, InsyaAllah!!

UPDATES ON FLYING PROCESS:
  • Just finished one of many forms in MARA contract... so slow... arghh!!
  • Comfirm a temporary accomodation at Bro Khairul Anwar's place... Alhamdulillah~ Thanks Bro... tak sia sia gi fly high.. :)

TIME REMAINING:
30 DAYS LEFT TO FLIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment